1 Timothy 4:12

Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity. (NIV)

About Me

My photo
This blog is something I felt God wanted me to do. I have been blessed with writing skills, and the yearning in my heart to share what I learn with others who are willing to listen.

Saturday, January 24, 2009

I died last night--Again


I have been a Christian for about 3 years. The night I was saved, I died, and let Jesus live in my body, and made me pure. I lived for him in all my actions, and sought him above all. Things started to slip when I thought I had to be baptized with water in order to be saved (I now know I was already saved, and still am--water baptism is to show others as an example that you will live for Jesus). But ever since then I have been slipping, even though I shouldn't be.

I tried to be better by my own strength. That wasn't working out. I still wasn't being who I wanted to be. But lately I've really been seeking him again, and letting him rule in my life, and putting him first. I seek to please him above myself. I realized it's not all about me. I'm so happy now. I'm reading a book called Thin Within by Judy Halliday and her husband, and today on day 3 they said to make goals, and use your gifts for God's glory. Lately, I've been all about God's glory. I don't care to please myself anymore, because it just makes me worse. I want to please God. His way is the only way.

So today I set goals. I want to be 129 lbs at the end of the 30 days-- I'm 142 right now. And I want to lead 40 people to accept Jesus as their Savior in 30 days--and I've maybe led one or two people to him in my life lol. I set almost impossible goals because they said so. If you set something easily attainable, you will think it's of yourself. But if you can accomplish it, you'll know it was by God's power. Even if I come fairly close that would be a miracle. I'm so excited to use my talents for God's glory. When you know your place and are comfortably set in God's plan and submit to it, the joy is unexplainable.

Last night I died again. I was so fed up with my sin, and living life the way I want to, that I cried and prayed to God to take my body as a living sacrifice. I told Him that I wanted myself to die, along with all my selfish desires, and to let me live as Jesus did. I felt like he just entered my body in a new way. Revelation 3:20 says, "Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me." Jesus was just waiting for me to completely invite him in, with no selfish motives...with a willing and obedient heart. I am so excited for the journey that lies before me. To God be the glory.

No comments: